guys there are 108.4 million blogs. 1.1 Billion dollars. Each blog is $10.15.
We are not that cheap! I mean look at all this fabulous!
I mean the really amazing thing is…that means…if we all paid $10 per blog…/we/ could own Tumblr.
I’m so tired of this, there’s so much negativity on my dash lately.
Does Moffat needs criticism? Yes.
Are his episodes sexist? Sometimes.
Is it important to point it out? Yes!
Is Moffat way over his head? Yes.
Am I angry that he doesn’t respect characters that are not his? Yes.
Does this give anyone the right to shame people who like his era? NO!
Both eras have problematic elements.
Seriously, nothing on the show has before or since pissed me off as much as what was done to Donna in her season’s finale. She had her choice taken from her. She begged and the Doctor just ignored her. It wasn’t sad or tragic, it was sickening.
But on a more general level, Davies and Moffat care about different things. Davies fudges plot details for the sake of character. Moffat skimps on character for mythology and plot. (Or JUST for mythology when it comes to River arcs. Plots be damned to get her involved!)
So, yeah, please keep pointing out the problematic elements. It’s how we learn and can potentially keep our entertainment in check. But being angry at Moffat doesn’t erase the treatment of Donna or Martha.
And it certainly doesn’t make this unseeable:
I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I’m awake, you know?
Waiting hours for a cellphone to charge may become a thing of the past, thanks to an 18-year-old high-school student’s invention. She won a $50,000 prize Friday at an international science fair for creating an energy storage device that can be fully juiced in 20 to 30 seconds.
- Anxiety: hey!
- Me: what now?
- Anxiety: Nothing, just wanted to worry you today.
- Me: ...great
- Anxiety: Hey your boyfriend/girlfriend didn't text you back, they're probably with someone else right now.
- Me: ....
- Anxiety: Oh your best friend hasn't spoken to you today either. They're probably sick of your shit.
- Me: ....
- Anxiety: Your parents said they're really proud of you..do you honestly believe that?
- Me: ....
- Anxiety: Where do you see yourself in a year? Oh wait, you can barely get through a day!
- Me: ...shut up.
- Anxiety: Will you ever rise to anything?
- Me: Shut up!
- Anxiety: Or are you always this pathetic? Lol
- Me: Why can't you leave me alone!?
- Anxiety: Because messing with your head is what I live for.
- Moffat: You know who'd be great for this new doctor
- Moffat: John Hurt
- Moffat: I mean that last name of his, "HURT," just
- Moffat: it just speaks to me